The Extended Clipboard 2 is the successor of the Extended Clipboard Classic which is no longer developed.
ExtClip2 is written in C# and is currently in Beta state. This means it is usable but not fully tested and does not have all of the features of the classic version.
What is the Extended Clipboard
The Extended Clipboard extends the Windows clipboard with many useful features.
To name just some of them:
- Preserve the clipboard contents: Each element you copy to the clipboard is archived and can be exported as a file
- Import custom files (text / image) into the clipboard
- Quick access the last 10 clipboard elements by pressing Alt+V
- Ever tried to copy a file (like a txt/jpg/bmp file) and simply paste its content into your word processor or email program? With Extended Clipboard this is possible.
- … and many more features. Give it a try.
How to get started?
Extended Clipboard 2 is delivered as a 7-Zip archive. To get things started you may want to extract this archive using the free 7-Zip archiver that is available for many platforms.
After extracting the archive start Extended Clipboard 2 by double clicking on the ExtClip2.exe. If the Extended Clipboard 2 does not start, please ensure that your system meets the system requirements.
Contrary to the classic version the version 2 does not need to be installed and does not need administrative privilidges to run.
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 2008 Server
- .NET Framework 2.0 and higher
Where to download?
Click here to download Extended Clipboard 2.