WOL2 is now open source. Click here to go to the GitHub repo.
Where to download?
- Click to download as 7-Zip archive (Stable Version, 32 and 64 Bit)
- Get Version 2.1 Beta 1 as 7-Zip archive (32 and 64 Bit)
WOL2 is a program that allows you to remotely switch on every Wake On Lan capable computer / device in a network you are connected to. WOL2 lets you wake a single host or a group of hosts at once. Additionally WOL2 allows you to reboot and power off these machines if they are running Microsoft Windows. You can set up timers to wake computers or reboot / shut them down.
The Wake On Lan Tool is made for everyone. Beginners, advanced users and professionals. The design goals were simplicity, stability, portability and functionality. To whatever user group you belong to, the tool is designed to enable you to do what you want.
The development environment used to develop WOL Classic has been discontinued. WOL Classic only runs on Windows 2000-2003. Vista and newer is not supported. Therefore I had to rewrite it from scratch.
WOL2 is delivered as a 7-Zip archive. To get things started you at first may want to extract this archive using the free 7-Zip archiver that is available for many platforms.
- Shutdown and reboot uses Port 139.
- When having problems when shutting down / restarting a Vista/Windows 7 box, you may need to enable the following tweak:
- Additionally this will be required for Windows 7 / 2008: German or English (with Screenshots)
- For WOL over internet see this article.
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, 2008 Server, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, BSD
- .NET Framework 4.0 and higher or MONO Framework 2.0 and higher